Answer Ed's Eight Submission Assessment Questions and find out.
He'll assess what you've got and get back to you within 24-48 hours...
1. Why this book now?
2. Who is most likely to read your book? State age range, gender(s), types of books your readers like to read, and anything else that will give Ed a snapshot on your readership.
5. Have you ever worked before with a professional developmental and/or copy editor? If so, and without mentioning names, how did you find the experience?
3. Do you intend to approach agents, publishers, both agents and publishers or self-publish?
Do you already have an agent? Are you satisfied with that agent's results so far?
4. If you have one in mind, what is your submission deadline,i.e., the month, day, and year by when you want to begin submitting?
6. While it's not a requirement to work with Ed, have you ever been previously published in any form such as book, feature story, online or print article, etc.? If so, please provide a few links to those works, if available.
(Not much has changed since Shakespeare first noted 'Brevity is the soul of wit,'
so please try to keep your answers under 100 words per question!)
7. Do you have an editorial budget in mind? If so, what is it? Have you reviewed the rate structure at Ed's Rates page? If not, please take a moment to do so. He may be really good but Ed is also not the least expensive professional in the industry.
8. Two years from today, let's suppose the N.Y. Times Review of Books is discussing your
contributions to literature. Two questions:
a. What are they saying about you?
b. What would you like them to be saying about you?
In fact, the answers to both of the above may be the same or radically different. Ed just asks that you give wings to creativity...but keep the answers under 100 words each. Please label your answers in this field "a" and "b."
FOR A COMPLEMENTARY 'TEST EDIT,' PLEASE COPY AND PASTE FIVE PAGES FROM CHAPTER ONE OF YOUR MANUSCRIPT INTO THE FIELD BELOW OR EMAIL THEM TO ED RIGHT NOW AT: EdIt@credittheedit.com (Please put 'Test Edit' + manuscript title + Author's first AND last name in your Subject Line.
Before pasting the text from your manuscript into the field below, please be sure to reformat it as 12 pt, Times New Roman, with double spaced lines, and on pages that have 1" margins all the way around. Don't worry if the text formatting doesn't translate exactly once you paste it in below. We'll reset it at this end. PLEASE INCLUDE THE MANUSCRIPT'S TITLE, AUTHOR NAME, AND EMAIL ADDRESS IN THE UPPER LEFT CORNER OF THE FIELD BELOW. YOU MAY PLACE A COPYRIGHT LINE AS WELL BUT ALL -- ALL-- INFORMATION RECEIVED IS PROTECTED BY EDITOR-AUTHOR PRIVILEDGE. NOTHING IS RELEASED.
AFTER YOU HAVE COMPLETED ALL FIELDS ON THIS PAGE AND PASTED IN YOUR SAMPLE BELOW, PLEASE HIT 'SUBMIT'
AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE. THANK YOU! -- Ed
Est. page count only:
Based on 12 point Times New Roman, double-spaced lines,